Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Road to the Oscars

Today is my favorite day of the year, well besides February 27 (Academy Awards), but today is the day they announce the nominees for the Academy Awards! I always make a list of movies I have seen and movies that I need to see. As of right now, I have 33 days to see 30 movies. (I can do it) I always try to see as many films nominated for the Oscars as possible, luckily I have already seen the vast majority of films nominated for multiple awards... so really this is an excuse to watch a lot of really great movies. I have a NEED to watch list that consists of the most important films that I have to watch, there are a few that I can do without. As much as I want to watch all of the films my schedule does not allow me enough time. (too bad) So here is the list of the MUST SEE films before the Oscars. . .

1. The Social Network
2. Black Swan
3. Inception
4. The Fighter
5. The Kids are Alright
6. 127 hours
7. The Kings Speech
8. Toy Story 3
9. Biutiful
10. Blue Valentine
11. The Town
12. True Grit
13. Winter's Bone
14. Rabbit hole

What films are your favorites?

If you're interested in doing some of your own research check out my favorite Oscar sites:

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Toy Story 3, I even got a little chocked up at the end. Also I thought the town was really entertaining and bad ass i just wish i didnt fall asleep towards the end, so I'll have to see it again! Other than that I still want to see the Social Network and Blue Valentine because Ryan Gosling is a babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, to be honest I really want to see all of the nominees, but this list is made up of my top choices! Blue Valentine, Biutiful and The Kings speech look like they could be winners, I have heard good things. I have to catch up and finish watching all of them before the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well Shif I've seen you do some amazing things when it comes to watching movies all day long so I fully believe you will achieve your goal of watching 75% of all the movies nominated by the Oscars

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah I'll totally join in on the movie marathons! Many of these on my list of movies to watch! PS--I'm officially following your blog! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete