Monday, January 17, 2011

I'd like to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press...

I am obsessed with award shows. My favorite of course is the Academy Awards, my lifetime goal is to be part of the academy. But the Golden Globes were last night and unfortunately I missed the red carpet, but to be honest, I am all about the actual awards. I am a TV and Film fanatic and I think that my opinions of shows and movies are quite accurate according to reviews I read and I am usually quite good at picking out the winners.

The winners last night were all well deserved. I was most pleased with one of my new favorite shows The Big C, Laura Linney won best acctress in a leading role in a TV series for her incredible role in as a cancer victim in the Big C.

In an earlier post I was raving about one of my new favorite movies The Kids Are All Right and was pleasantly surprised to see it win Best Motion Picture-Comedy and Annette Bening won best actress in a motion picture-drama for her role as a lesbian mother! I was however quite upset to see Hans Zimmer lose for best original score, I have raved about him in a previous post as well. But it was okay because one of my favorite Jewish actresses, Natalie Portman, won best actress in a motion picture-drama, which was also extremely deserved. I am very happy to see that the winners of the Golden Globes were worthy of their awards.

I have yet to see the Social Network, but it also won quite a few awards so I'm sure it was good. (I'll be sure to watch it before the Oscars!) Usually my goal is to watch all of the films nominated for Oscars, unfortunately last year I was only able to watch 75% of the films nominated, but this year I'm going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment