Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New York Fashion Week: The Row

You all should know by now how much I admire Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, so for my first post on New York's Fashion Week it makes the most sense to post about The Row. Some may not agree with their Fall 2011 show, some may be upset over the fact they didn't have an official runway show, but a one-on-one interview type show. But I believe that most (especially PETA) would be upset over their extreme use of fur in their collection. Among the tailored suits, menswear for woman, and a hint of color, the majority of their collection was taken over by fox fur. Fur jackets, vests, hats, even fox shirts were created for their Fall 2011 collection. They also introduced a line of luxury hand bags (made from crocodile) and the cutest shoes! I know it's not the best but I love me some fur, I grew up in a fur loving household. My mom wears her full length mink coat during winter every year, she has three of them, along with her fur coat she has a lovely fur headband. When I was growing up I would wear this cute little rabbit fur coat to all the high holiday services, and when I got a little older it was passed on to my younger sister. So as bad as loving fur is, I do love the Olsen's line. When I think of old, glamorous fashion I always think of a draped white fur coat, it seems as if Mary-Kate and Ashley are trying to capture old Hollywood glamour. I think the mixture of their iconic menswear styles and the fox fur is such a classic look. Another favorite from their collection are these incredible leopard TOMS shoes, they are so unique not only are they TOMS (which you usually don't see with a fur coat, let alone on a runway) but they are cashmere and affordable! Can't wait for these to be accessible to the public, can't wait for my pair! Check out the Rows Fall 2011 line, what do you think of the fur?



No comments:

Post a Comment