Friday, March 4, 2011

Oscars, best dressed

Hey everyone,
I have been so ridiculously busy this week I haven't had the time to post about the Oscars. I hope everyone was able to see the award show, or at least flip through it last Sunday. I watched the pre-show, red carpet, and of course the award show itself; my day was pretty jam packed with Oscar festivities.
For the past 4 years I have made a ritual of printing off the online ballot and marking which of the nominees I thought were going to win. This year there were so many great films, it was so hard to choose. Most were so great that I couldn't decide to vote on my personal favorites, or the ones that were most deserving. But all-n-all I was very happy with the winners. I guessed 15 right out of the 24 total awards, I was pretty impressed!
If you weren't able to watch I am sure you have heard about the numerous complaints towards this year's hosts. And I agree with everything I heard, they were pretty awful. Anne's non-stop clapping, and her attempt to being overly fun and 'youthful' was a little much. James Franco, seemed like he was high the whole night and didn't really want to be there. The fact that neither of them are comedians, definitely did not help. The five minutes Billy Crystal was on stage was the funniest, and most entertaining part of the night. Wish he would have hosted the Oscars, maybe next year for his 9th time! Let's just hope for a comedian!
You can't talk about the Oscars if you don't mention the gowns, and this year is no different. Like always there are the best and the worst dressed, but to spare you the agony of having to see Nicole Kidman in Dior or Marisa Tomei (who I love) in the prom-gone-bad dress. I decided to show you my personal favorites. I picked my top 8 gowns at the award show and a few of my favorite looks from the Vanity Fair after party!
(you can click on the image to enlarge it!)
Who were your favorites from the Academy Awards?
If you haven't looked at the amazing photographs that were taken at the Vanity Fair party I recommend checking them out, they are awesome! check them out here.

My favorite pictures from the night...

How awesome are these!?
(Taylor Swift looks like she's in old Hollywood, and so glamorous)



No comments:

Post a Comment